Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sabbath in the Galilee

We went to the Galilee Branch and completely filled the meetinghouse. There are usually only five or six members who meet there each Sabbath so they love when the BYU students come! I sat by Shawn Reid who was translating for two Hispanic ladies. I was able to pick out a little bit here and there and it made me so excited to learn the gospel in a different language!

We went to Yardenit afterwards, which is a baptismal site on the Jordan River. It is much cleaner than the one we visited on our Jordan River field trip and I loved that there weren’t hundreds of flies swarming us. The Spirit was felt so strongly there!




I feel so blessed that we could have our mission prep class while we were in Galilee! We had an incredible lesson about recognizing, understanding, and teaching by the Spirit, and I was feeling a little overwhelmed until I was reminded of the quote, “Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies.”

No comments:

Post a Comment