Sunday, December 2, 2012

Upper Galilee Field Trip (11/27)

Today we went to Hazor, Tel Dan, Caesarea Philippi, Nimrod Fortress, Har Bental.

The Pooh Tree at Tel Dan

 Caesarea Philippi was one of my favorite sites. Here Christ asked his disciples, “Whom say ye that I am?” (Matthew 16:16-19) Peter powerfully answered, “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God.” Peter knew this by his faith and willingness to “try the word.” Brother Judd taught us that “the things of God cannot be learned solely by study and reason…the things of God must be learned through faith and revelation from the Holy Ghost.” Who do I say that Christ is? I know that he is my best friend, my Brother, my salvation, my life, my light, my hope, and my joy.


Caesarea Philippi

At Har Bental we overlooked the Road to Damascus and talked about Saul/Paul. He was a zealous man who thought honestly thought he was saving souls when he tried to turn people away from Christianity. But when the Lord appeared to him and told him the truth, Paul channeled his zealousness to proclaiming Christianity. The Lord told him that it is hard to kick against the pricks—a prick is a sharp stick that is used to move cattle along; if they don’t want to go, they kick back. Sometimes we feel the Spirit but fight against it—in Paul’s case, he couldn’t fight it any longer when the Lord appeared to him on the Road to Damascus. We all travel on the figurative Road to Damascus and at many points along the way we will feel the Spirit helping us get back on track.


Tonight we had a bonfire/testimony meeting on the beach of the Sea of Galilee. Here are some one-liners that really hit me:
           -Out of all the worlds without number, I’ve been able to live in the place where He walked, healed, preached, loved, taught, suffered, atoned, died, and lived again.
            -When people seek God, they find Him
            -Ask God to hold your hand. He’s willing to take it.
            -This week in Galilee (and semester in Jerusalem) has been a chance for us to breath, step back, and be still. We are about to go home and face the storms. The lessons we’ve learned in the past 3 months have prepared us for the rest of our lives.
            -Christ loved us enough to come down so He could pull us up to His level.
            -If you feel content with your life, pray that the Lord will show you your weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment