Sunday, December 2, 2012

Western Galilee Field Trip (11/28)

In a nutshell:

Chorazin: The Lord said, “Wo unto Chorazin.” The famous seat of Moses, where the hypocritical Jewish leaders would preach, is located in its synagogue.

A mote (in my hand) and a beam (what I'm sitting on)
Neil being a goofball as always
Sepphrois: one of the ancient Roman capitals that later hosted members of the Sanhedrin who compiled the Mishnah (the Oral Torah). It has beautiful mosaics!

Akko: a port that was especially significant during the Crusader time period.


The Mediterranean Sea!

We had our last bonfire and had s’mores! I also roasted a chestnut on an open fire and it was delicious. I spent a while just looking across the Sea of Galilee—that view has become on of my favorites in the whole world! Here’s what I wrote in my journal after my little ponder-session: “I said goodbye to my sweet Galilee tonight. The view across the sea with the twinkling lights has brought me peace and comfort these past 10 days. It broke my heart to tear my gaze away. I tried to so hard to sink in that moment and I think I got it. I want to come back to Galilee. I can tell why Jesus loved to be here! My life and relationship with God has been changed forever for the better.” I love Galilee!

No comments:

Post a Comment