Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Orson Hyde Commemoration

Today we commemorated the Orson Hyde Dedicatory Prayer of Jerusalem. This afternoon I went with a group of people to the Orson Hyde Park and we read the prayer--it's so amazing! I can't believe that I hadn't really heard or studied about it before. It took Orson Hyde about 18 months tot get here and finally, on October 24, 1841, he climbed up the Mount of Olives and offered the prayer. He dedicated this land as the site of the commencement of the gathering of the Jews, and I learned that I am part of that prophecy! Brother Judd told us that someday in the future, Israel will be opened up to the gospel and it will be in part because of the good examples that we are constantly striving to be. People will remember the Mormons on Mount Scopus because of our honesty, kindness, and service, and the gospel will spread forth upon this land. I hope that I live to see that day!


No comments:

Post a Comment