Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Lower Galilee Field Trip (11/19)

After a very stressful and early morning, we all made it onto the bus and headed to Galilee! On our way we stopped at Beth Shean, Nazareth, and Mt. Arbel.

Beth Shean--where King Saul and his sons were killed in battle
The Nazareth Church of the Annunciation
The outer courtyard had portraits of the Virgin Mary from countries all over the world--I happened to take this picture before I knew I'd be serving my mission in Chile!
This one is from the USA--it's meant to symbolize the light of God shining through Mary 
A synagogue that Jesus might have taught in

Mckay, me, and Jaelyn
Mckay trying to rudely wake up Michael who fell asleep on the beach within 10 minutes of us arriving at Ein Gev!
We are staying in a resort called Ein Gev that is located right on the shore of Galilee. Tonight we had FHE (my family bonded really well through playing the Awkward Game) and then I tried slack-lining for the first time ever! It's basically like tight-rope walking but on a 2-inch thick line.

I'm lucky enough to be roommates with Staisha Stratton--our class president, Rachel Barker--the smartest person I know, and Erin Wankier, one of my best friends and future sister missionary! Our back porch is about 50 feet from the shoreline--can you say prime resort location? Tiberias is right across the sea from us and the scene of the lights sparkling on the water is quite conducive to some serious soul searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment