Friday, November 2, 2012

JORDAN--Wednesday 11/31

Another super fun day! We went to the City of Amman and had a great devotional from Brother Judd about 2 Samuel 11. This is the site of a huge battle in which Uriah the Hittite, husband of Bathsheba, died after being sent there by King David. The story of the fall of King David is tragic because this man was given so many gifts from the Lord and in the beginning he did so many great things. But eventually a few small bad decisions (staying in Jerusalem while the rest of his army was fighting in Amman, walking on the roof and not looking away when he saw Bathsheba) led up to a very bad decision and eventually he committed adultery and then murder, and the Spirit completely withdrew from him. He tried to cover up his sins and eventually succeeded in getting Bathsheba as his wife, but all along the Lord knew what he was doing. Here are a few awesome one-liners from Bro Judd because he says it much better than I can:
            “The events that happened here sealed the fate and fall of one of the greatest kings of the Old Testament.”
            “What started out as simple idleness led to a great king losing his exaltation.”
            “Pay attention to those small details of your life.”
            “Be where you need to be when you need to be there.”
Afterwards we sang “Choose the Right” and I thought about a few small things in my life that I need to change. It’s a life-long process!


At Amman--the remains of a huge statue of Hercules! His elbow is behind us.


Next we went to the Jabbok River and had a great devotional by Brother Schade and then headed to Jerash, one of the best-preserved Roman sites in the world. It was incredible!

Jabbok River
Class picture at Jerash
Ancient Temple
Me and Jaelyn at Jerash
Roomies!!

Our next stop: the King Hussein Automobile Museum. It’s gotta be a guy thing because I didn’t really know what to think about it…I pretty much just took pictures of cars that I thought my brother, Dad, and Clark would like. I basically just said (along with a majority of the other girls), “Oooh, shiny!” One thing about Jordan: they love their king. Absolutely love him. It’s actually pretty cool how much respect and adoration they have for him. But this whole museum just had all of his past cars. Neat-o!

One of my favorite things in the museum 
BMW's that I know Clarkie would love!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the updates, kel!!! I am so glad you are enjoying everything and having such an incredible time. It sounds so so so incredible--more than words can describe! btw I loooooove your Halloween costume...haha! love you so much!!!!!!!!! see you on dec 17!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete