Sunday, November 11, 2012

Rainy Day


Yesterday it was raining like crazy and I decided to have a “Mikele Day.” This consisted of an awesome run in the morning with our hard-core running group, studying the scriptures for a solid hour, and then snuggling up in my bed and finishing a book that I love but hadn’t had time to finish yet. It was so fun and just what I needed! It almost felt like I was in Utah. I snuggled up in bed with my slippers and sweats and listened to the rain outside. It was truly magical! And if I’m being completely honest, the book changed my life. It was the third in the series “The Kingdom and the Crown,” called “Behold the Man.” What I read yesterday (about the last half of a 700-page book) was all about the last week of Christ’s life. I learned so much that I had either forgotten or hadn’t known before and it really helped me understand some things that we are learning in New Testament. The author, Gerald N. Lund, made the story of Christ’s life REAL for me. And to be here in Jerusalem while reading about it made it even better. I am so grateful for the classes I’ve been able to take at the JC because now I understand much more about the historical setting of Christ’s life. I still have many questions but I’ve learned from our Mission Prep class here that questions inspire learning and growth of testimony. If you have time, read the series! It truly changed the way that I think about my Savior as a teacher, brother, friend, healer, and Savior.

We finished off the day with a ping-pong championship tournament. Here at the Jerusalem Center we go all out. It started out with an pre-game introduction of the players similar to the BYU basketball games at the Marriott, minus the giant sheets falling from the ceiling. It was late at night and way past my bedtime (aka around 10 PM) but I’m so glad that I went! I haven’t laughed that hard for a long time, and it felt so good!

Life is truly amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a perfect day! I love you Kel, see you in ONE MONTH FROM TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!! Please please stay safe...it scares me what's going on there.

    ReplyDelete