Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gratitude in Galilee (11/22)


This last month I have been writing down at least one thing from each day that I am grateful for. Here is the list with a short explanation of what happened that day to make me grateful for it:

November 1. Safety: Israel border patrol conducted an extensive search of our luggage on our way back into Israel from Jordan. We ended up sitting at the border crossing for almost 2 hours but I’m glad to know that they are thorough!

2. Education: all of our classes were reaching a difficult peak—we had papers due, exams to study for, and never ending reading assignments. But I’m so grateful for the opportunity that I have to go to Brigham Young University, and more specifically the BYU Jerusalem Center!

3. Temples: even though I can’t go to the temple while I’m in Jerusalem, I love the temple and it has become even more important to me as I’m preparing to go on a mission.

4. Music: Today I got to play the Carillon at the YMCA. Music is so powerful!

5. Jesus Christ: we had our Bethlehem field trip that changed my life. I am so grateful for Christ’s selfless sacrifice. I am forever indebted to Him!

6. A healthy body: I went on a run this morning around Hebrew University and saw a stunning sunrise. A body is such a blessing!

7. Freedom: even though Mitt Romney didn’t win the election, I am grateful for America (Amurica!). Today we visited the Separation Wall and I pray that someday we will have peace and freedom throughout the world.

8. Talents:  tonight we had the Formal Talent show. I sang “The Holy City” with a group of girls and it was super fun but mostly I’m grateful that everyone has different talents so we can all bless each other.

9. New friends: Today I picked olives with Mary Bennion, Annie Leishman, and Will West for two hours. We had a great conversation about mission work and families. They are all such good examples to me! There’s something about olive trees that really brings people together.

10. The Resurrection: I went to the Garden Tomb today. It goes without saying that it was amazing and I learned so much.

11. Good books: scriptures and “Behold the Man” by Gerald N. Lund. I snuggled up on this rainy day and my life was changed yet again! This seems to be an almost daily occurrence.

12. The New Testament: it’s so interesting! I love picking it apart and learning all these gems of knowledge. I love studying about Christ’s life and can’t get enough of my New Testament class with Brother Judd.

13. Jerusalem: There are so many fun adventures to be had in this lovely old city! Today I spent seven hours in the Old City and I could’ve spent seven more. This place will always have a special place in my heart.

14. Churches: Today on our Christian Quarter field trip we saw so many beautiful churches but none felt as homey and spiritual as our LDS church buildings do.

15. Laughing: Today I felt so happy. I laughed a lot, smiled, got asked to Prom, and had an awesome chat with Jenessa and Rosie. Being happy is truly the best was to go.

16. Dancing: JC Polyga-Prom 2012!

17. Family: I got to talk to them on the phone! I wish that I could spend Thanksgiving with them but it’ll be a splendid Turkey Day in Galilee, I’m sure (and it was!). I can’t wait to see them in a month!

18. Adventures: Tomb of the Kings and hanging out with a Palestinian family. It doesn’t get much better than that!

19. Family Home Evening: in Galilee! Such good friends and good times. The Awkward game, “British Animal Voiceovers” on Youtube (look it up!) and slack lining. So fun!

20. Personal Revelation: on the Mount of Beatitudes I received some direction for my life that I will never forget!

21. My mission call: CHILE RANCAGUA! I could not be happier about it. And how many people can say that they opened their mission call in Galilee?

22.The Book of Mormon: I study it everyday and each time I do, I learn something new! It’s incredible and it’s true.

2 comments:

  1. My dear friend, Moose!!!! I love you! I am so stinkin' excited about your call! You'll make one of the best missionaries I know.

    Okay- question. Will you be back in Utah by Dec. 19? We have the Brighton Christmas Party scheduled for that night and I want to make sure that you can come... We all miss you terribly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harmony!! Thank you so much! I'm so excited :) Yes I'll be back on December 14th and I cannot wait to see all of my Brighton buds soon! I'm bursting inside! I miss you all so much and am so stoked to see your beautiful face in a few weeks!!

      Delete